Friday, June 24, 2005

Waitin' on the Sun to Shine

(by K. Brown)




Starin' out the windowpane
Starin' at the cold cold rain
You weren't there to take my call
Maybe you weren’t there at all
Hopin’ maybe you’d pick up the phone
I let it ring

Today I did the things
Like when you wore my wedding ring
The things we always did
Keepin those old feelings hid
Hopin’ things ‘round here pick up in time
Just let it ring

I’ve got to get away
Head back to where it feels like home
Got a place up north of here
Maybe go there in the fall
Better memories there
That’s where I’ll be
If you even care at all

But for now, I’m gettin’ by
People say just bidin' time
Just hangin’ out and gettin' high
Waitin' for some kind of sign
Waitin’ for the phone to ring
Waitin’ on the sun to shine

Maybe it'll be alright in time
Waitin' on the sun to shine

(E)

No comments: