Friday, June 24, 2005

Goin' Down

(by K. Brown)



You see angels that dance
In your half full glass of Gin
Do they lift you up
Do they know the shape your in
Like flies buzzin' around you
And you think that they're your friends

I'm goin' down easy Boys
I'm goin' down again

Once you were a rock
In the middle of the road
Noone goin’ over you
Not any living soul
Noone who’s ever tried pushin’ you
Can understand now why you roll

I'm goin' down easy Boys
I'm goin' down that hole

Clouds are draggin’
Through a lazy blue sky
Comin’ to cover you
Up there where you hide
Or maybe just bring you more rain
after crossin' all those miles

I'm goin' down easy Boys
I'm goin' down in style

You think you’re as seasoned
As this old Gibson wood
But you’re bendin’ like a willow
Where a mighty oak once stood
What's it gonna finally take
to make you stand upright and be strong

I'm goin' down easy Boys
It won't take very long

You think your standing
On solid ground
But you’re up to your neck
And sinkin’ all around
Anyone who really knows you
Has already split town

I'm goin' down easy Boys
I'm goin' down

Man, you better give a listen
To those angels you see there
In the end
May be all that’s left to you
When what it is you knew
Just drifts into thin air

I'm goin' down easy Boys
I'm goin' way down there

(note:I added to and changed these lyrics once I finally found the songs groove in Sept 2008- that's what you hear on the YouTube)

No comments: