Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Guilty - The Final Question

(by K. Brown)

I'm guilty

Guilty of a masquerade
Just as you suspected
While I watched you chase an idol dream
Clouded by your envy

Guilty of a broken dream
The one that you had fashioned
From the ones that you found fashionable
Irrespective of their meaning

Defenseless to a broken heart
And not sweeping up the pieces
Disrespecting feeling
Coexisting without passion

Guilty of premeditation
Inflicting pain, no medication
Ending this time with no next time
Provide no new beginning

Guilty of not wanting you
The way you had intended
I won't admit though to not loving you
Though that would be convienient

But I am guilty
There's no hiding that
I'm exposed now for conviction
There now are you happy?

There's no reprieve
There'll be no pardon
I am guilty you believe that
No more walks among the garden

Not so easy though
The final question
So tell me
of your redemption?

No comments: