Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Aurora Borealis Song

(by K Brown)

In the North
where the creeks and the air runs cold
and the waters divide
from the glaciers of old
I breathed so deep
til my lungs were raw
Where the mighty trees 
outlived the saw

It was there in midst
of the cedar stands
and wild and free
Canadien winds
There was a time
in a young mans life
when I had hoped
that we'd start a life

but leaves fall down
and cover stone
and the Huron waters
just roll on

In the Mackinac
wild and free
the ghosts in the trees
there howl at me
the haunted leaves
and hunter wind
as it was in the beginning
blows no end

and leaves fall down
and cover stone
and the Huron waters
just roll on

I am old now
my mind it strays
to where the Aurora Borealis
fades
Stars there swim
the deep night sea
the ghosts living there
won't let me be

I am old now
my heart still beats
where the Aurora Borealis
meets
the stars there swim
the deep night sea
I see the ghosts there
they won't let me be

(for reference: PERRO Sessions, or E-A-Cm-B )

No comments: